Question Usb 3.0 stuck

Dec 4, 2019
The connector from the cable got stuck in the header and the cable came out but the connector is stuck in the header how do i get this out and where do i get a new cable

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model motherboard?

Does your connector appear similar to the connector shown in the following link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-in-9-Pi...-Male-USB-2-0-Motherboard-Cable-/272964597793

If not, more information is needed and maybe a photograph.

If the problem is a USB plug that was inserted into a USB port then turn off the computer's power and use tweezers to remove the plug from the USB slot.

However, because you mentioned header and this being the Motherboard Category it is likely that you mean the header (2 x 5) on the motherboard.

Again you will need tweezers or small needle nose pliers to work the connecter out of the socket. Be sure to unlatch the plug as necessary before doing any pulling.

And be sure that the computer is powered off and unplugged.

Dec 4, 2019
Make and model motherboard?

Does your connector appear similar to the connector shown in the following link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-in-9-Pi...-Male-USB-2-0-Motherboard-Cable-/272964597793

If not, more information is needed and maybe a photograph.

If the problem is a USB plug that was inserted into a USB port then turn off the computer's power and use tweezers to remove the plug from the USB slot.

However, because you mentioned header and this being the Motherboard Category it is likely that you mean the header (2 x 5) on the motherboard.

Again you will need tweezers or small needle nose pliers to work the connecter out of the socket. Be sure to unlatch the plug as necessary before doing any pulling.

And be sure that the computer is powered off and unplugged.

The mobo is the asus x570 gaming plus and that isnt the right cable its a usb 3.0 that connects to the front panel

Dec 4, 2019
E69393CF-9A1E-42E8-96EC-65C3334BE953.jpeg.6f3743d5cb55d9e5b2d99d2b5a28d33f.jpeg

Ralston18

Titan
lMotherboard Manual:

https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/f/2/e/5/48ffc54e4a3d0a923918dc8cb0da6c3c8c1d.pdf

Per Pages 1-2 and 1-3 the connector ( #9) is indeed a USB 3.2 Generation connector.

(Do verify that I did find the applicable motherboard manual.)

And as stated in your original post the blue portion of the 20 pin plug is indeed stuck/remains in the socket.

To remove the blue plug what I would do is use as small a pair of pliers as possible to grasp the blue connector lengthwise and gently try to rock it, again lengthwise) up and out.

That is what I would try for starters. If unsuccessful I would maybe try pulling up and out switching from end to end while gripping across the narrow width... Again alternating small tugs on each end.

Failing that I would probably try to further my creativity along the same lines.

Key is to be gentle and very very careful.

But do wait for other comments and suggestions. There may be other ideas and suggestions - I have no problems with that.

Dec 4, 2019
lMotherboard Manual:

https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/f/2/e/5/48ffc54e4a3d0a923918dc8cb0da6c3c8c1d.pdf

Per Pages 1-2 and 1-3 the connector ( #9) is indeed a USB 3.2 Generation connector.

(Do verify that I did find the applicable motherboard manual.)

And as stated in your original post the blue portion of the 20 pin plug is indeed stuck/remains in the socket.

To remove the blue plug what I would do is use as small a pair of pliers as possible to grasp the blue connector lengthwise and gently try to rock it, again lengthwise) up and out.

That is what I would try for starters. If unsuccessful I would maybe try pulling up and out switching from end to end while gripping across the narrow width... Again alternating small tugs on each end.

Failing that I would probably try to further my creativity along the same lines.

Key is to be gentle and very very careful.

But do wait for other comments and suggestions. There may be other ideas and suggestions - I have no problems with that.
I will try this thank u

Dec 4, 2019
Update a nice pair of needle nose vice grips and some force got it out, pins all still intact. Now do u think if put the pins from the cable back into the blue part it’ll work? Ive shaved the blue connector down with a file and used a rubber mallet to connect it back with the cord.