[SOLVED] USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header not compatible with case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
I've been using pcpartpicker to check for compatibility issues in my next build. When I look at the "potential issues/incompatibilities" list, I get this message:

"Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port, but the Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port will not be usable."

To my understanding, the single USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A header should support the two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A headers on the front I/O. I'm I mistaken, or is the site incorrect? Below is my planned build so far for reference:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdBYz7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Adorama)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case ($162.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $692.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-06 12:30 EST-0500

Solution
I've checked your board and PC case, and I agree with you...
Asus board has one USB3.2 header (for two Type-A ports) and one USB-C header (for USB-C port) for front panel -which fits perfectly with Corsair 5000D.
I think PartPicker warnings are "automated" and so maybe don't catch every detail perfectly.
I've checked your board and PC case, and I agree with you...
Asus board has one USB3.2 header (for two Type-A ports) and one USB-C header (for USB-C port) for front panel -which fits perfectly with Corsair 5000D.
I think PartPicker warnings are "automated" and so maybe don't catch every detail perfectly.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
PCPartPicker have had this issue a long time now. My colleagues and I have also identified that some things are misreported and not many are reporting it or maybe they are being reported and they're not doing anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.