USB and Internet problems with Z77X and 3770k

Oct 6, 2018
I have an old 3770k with a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 motherboard. I've been experiencing USB problems for quite some time(All the usb devices on the back of my desktop stop working when I plug in certain devices or many devices at once) as well as constant Wi-fi connection issues. (low download speeds, random disconnects, constantly having to launch the troubleshooter to try and fix things)

I've searched the web time and time again in search of a solution to this problem. I'm unsure whether these issues relate to the CPU or the Motherboard but I'm pretty sure it is down to crappy drivers. A lot of people seem to be experiencing driver problems with this particular motherboard and CPU. The problems on my computer have gotten worse over time. I am no longer able to use my steering wheel and pedals and can't plug two controllers in at once for example. Whereas before, I could get it to work even though I still experienced disconnection problems.

I know, it's time to upgrade. That was the plan, but recently Intel prices took a massive hike so I'd rather wait for them to sort out their supply issues or make the switch to AMD. As a gamer, Intel has the edge but there is no way I am going to pay that kind of premium for such little difference in performance. If it wasn't for these crappy drivers, the CPU itself still holds up just fine and I could ride it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Things I've tried:

updating/re-installing network and usb drivers / clean windows install / CMOS reset