Question USB Audio Works, but neither the front nor back jacks work.

bark41502

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017
I have a normal PC setup, and everything works great except for the audio. I usually don't have to worry about it because I use headsets that use USB audio. I used to use the HyperX Cloud IIs which had an adapter from 3.5 audio jack to usb that would go into my PC, so I could easily go from my laptop and phone to my PC by just plugging into the adapter.

I recently got a new headset, the HyperX Cloud Flights which use a wireless USB adapter. I'm an idiot and went on a trip with it and it broke so I ordered a new adapter when I got home. I have an aux cord that came with the headset that I can use for my phone and anything else I need. But for some reason neither the front or back audio jacks work. I have reinstalled audio drivers, tried every port, with different headphones and speakers but nothing works, nothing comes out. On the proper rear port it detects headphones but it doesn't play any audio. I have opened up my PC to check that the HD audio was plugged in properly on my motherboard and it is.

I don't have a sound card but I never thought that to be an issue as every other computer I've had had audio build in to the motherboard. I have no clue why audio jacks don't work at all yet USB audio does. It will be a few days until the new adapter arrives and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has a possible solution in case I ever need to use audio jacks in the future.

If needed my motherboard is the ASUS M5 A97 R2.0 and I'm just using standard Realtek Audio Drivers.

klenderquezada

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
I have a normal PC setup, and everything works great except for the audio. I usually don't have to worry about it because I use headsets that use USB audio. I used to use the HyperX Cloud IIs which had an adapter from 3.5 audio jack to usb that would go into my PC, so I could easily go from my laptop and phone to my PC by just plugging into the adapter.

I recently got a new headset, the HyperX Cloud Flights which use a wireless USB adapter. I'm an idiot and went on a trip with it and it broke so I ordered a new adapter when I got home. I have an aux cord that came with the headset that I can use for my phone and anything else I need. But for some reason neither the front or back audio jacks work. I have reinstalled audio drivers, tried every port, with different headphones and speakers but nothing works, nothing comes out. On the proper rear port it detects headphones but it doesn't play any audio. I have opened up my PC to check that the HD audio was plugged in properly on my motherboard and it is.

I don't have a sound card but I never thought that to be an issue as every other computer I've had had audio build in to the motherboard. I have no clue why audio jacks don't work at all yet USB audio does. It will be a few days until the new adapter arrives and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has a possible solution in case I ever need to use audio jacks in the future.

If needed my motherboard is the ASUS M5 A97 R2.0 and I'm just using standard Realtek Audio Drivers.
I have the same problem. I feel like my Nvidia Sofeware is blocking a audio driver from me

TRENDING THREADS