Question USB Bluetooth that support HID Proxy?

Calab

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
I have an Apple wireless keyboard and Magic mouse that operate on Bluetooth. In Windows I can pair them and use them, but when booting I cannot use them to access the BIOS or boot loader. What I can find is that I need a bluetooth adapter that supports HID proxy mode.

Does anyone know of a USB bluetooth adapter that supports HID proxy mode and is available for purchase?

Thanks!

Calab

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
I've found a Laird device that supports HID proxy, but they work very hard at keeping it out of users hands.

The following document describes how you can use BlueSuite to enable and disable HID Proxy mode: HID Proxy PDF

This document refers to several PSR files that don't appear to be included with BlueSuite. They are:
HCIandHIDKeys.psr
EnableHID.psr
EnableHCI.psr

Does anyone know where to obtain these files?

Brendan McCoy

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
This document refers to several PSR files that don't appear to be included with BlueSuite. They are:
HCIandHIDKeys.psr
EnableHID.psr
EnableHCI.psr

Does anyone know where to obtain these files?

I know this is late, but I have found them. It seems they are only for BT8XX (so the bt820 is the only USB dongle you can use them with.).

They can be found at Laird's website, they prompt you for some company info but I don't think they validate, you just immediately can download the files:
https://www.lairdconnect.com/documentation/bt8x0-hid-proxy-nobluesuitezip

As for Bluesuite itself, it seems it is only distributed to folks who sign an NDA and are also OEMs, but there are the usual ways of acquiring that sort of software via google.

I got a bt851 thinking it was just a newer version, but it does not support HID proxy mode :( so now I'm waiting for a bt820 from digikey but I really wanted a newer product that supported BT 5.0 and HID Proxy.

TRENDING THREADS