Question USB-C Capability

AzoraFred

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Hello,

As the title suggest, I need some help determining the capability of the USB-C port on my 2019 Razer Blade 15 (Base Model).

My plans are to get two 144hz 1080p monitors (both are capable of 144hz through HDMI 2.0) and hook them up to a USB-C hub which I then can connect to my computer for a fast docking station. Also, the docking station in question would have a power pssthrough if possible as well as a couple USB ports.

With a lot of data being transmitted through this one USB-C port, I’m wondering if this is even possible.

-Will I be able to run 2x 144hz 1080p monitors through 1x USB-C port?

-Will I be able to run power passthrough on the USB-C port?

-Will I be able to run the USB devices at the same time everything else is plugged into the USB-C hub?

Each question is dependent on the last question’s answer with exception of the power passthrough. If I can’t do that, then done worry. I can still use the regular charging port.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a USB-C Hub that can handle all of these things, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edit

Here is a thunderbolt 3 docking station with 2 HDMI outputs. It says it can support 4K, so I’m assuming it’s 1.4 or later (meaning it can support 1080p @144hz)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin...VUB-tBh2qrgCyEAQYECABEgKv3vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The monitors mentioned

Sceptre C248B-144R 24-Inch Curved 144Hz Gaming Monitor HDMI DisplayPort DVI, Metal Black 2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GG8RVXP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4kQ6Db364H7R0

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
To answer all those questions, yes they will all be possible since that USB port you're looking at is a Thunderbolt 3 port. But to be blunt, if your already have HDMI and miniDP on the laptop natively, might as well use them with active adapters or necessary cables as opposed to using the dock.

AzoraFred

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
To answer all those questions, yes they will all be possible since that USB port you're looking at is a Thunderbolt 3 port. But to be blunt, if your already have HDMI and miniDP on the laptop natively, might as well use them with active adapters or necessary cables as opposed to using the dock.

Just wanted to make sure it would work, but I’m curious as to why you’d just say to use the HDMI and mini DP on the laptop natively.

The whole reason I’d want the dock is to allow a fast plug and play option while having everything in one, already cable managed, place. That way, I can simply unplug one cable, take my laptop wherever, and then plug that same cable back into my laptop to instantly have it connect to all my peripherals.

TRENDING THREADS