[SOLVED] USB-C / DisplayPort to HDMI Cables (NOT Adapters) for Desktop to Monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
hi,

i'm asking this in case there's display problems with either my monitor or desktop..............

i've seen cables (not adapters) that are .........USB-C to HDMI...........and DisplayPort to HDMI.............

so is it possible to connect either of these 2 types of cables from desktop motherboard to monitor ?

my monitor only has HDMI and VGA ..........my motherboard has HDMI, DisplayPort and USB 3.1 Type C............and my CPU has integrated graphics

Solution
use DisplayPort to hdmi.

the usb type c on desktop usually don't output video

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
so hdmi to hdmi. what the question?

sorry if i didn't phrase my question correctly.........

i mean if the HDMI output from the motherboard is malfunctioning, can i use the motherboard's USB-Type C or DisplayPort output to monitor's HDMI input............via a cable with HDMI connector on one end, and USB-Type C or DisplayPort connector on the other end ?

rgd1101

Don't
use DisplayPort to hdmi.

Solution
can i use the motherboard's USB-Type C or DisplayPort output to monitor's HDMI input............via a cable with HDMI connector on one end, and USB-Type C or DisplayPort connector on the other end ?
What model motherboard?
Most likely will not work.
Unless USB-C port on your motherboard supports DP over USB-C or HDMI alt mode.
If specification of your motherboard says nothing about video output via USB-C, then it doesn't support it.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
use DisplayPort to hdmi.

many thanks, seems like DisplayPort to HDMI it'll have to be then.

What model motherboard?
Most likely will not work.
Unless USB-C port on your motherboard supports DP over USB-C or HDMI alt mode.
If specification of your motherboard says nothing about video output via USB-C, then it doesn't support it.

many thanks for the reply, the motherboard is ASRock B450m Steel Legend.........

i'll try to see if i can get an answer from ASRock (contacted them once without reply)

the manual has wordings that are so small, i'll need a magnifying glass to read it !

Reactions: worstalentscout
Status
Not open for further replies.