[SOLVED] USB-C hub issues

Aug 11, 2020
I have a Delock 64054 USB hub (plugged in to a 10Gbps USB-C port) and a Patriot SuperSonic Rage 128GB USB flash drive. For some reason if I try to transfer a file from the flash drive onto my computer, the speed at first shows at around 100Mbs but gradually goes all the way down to 0 and then it locks up for a while (my mouse, not connected to the hub also goes off and on). However I can copy files from my computer onto the flash drive through the hub without any problems. The USB ports located on the front of my case work fine when transferring from computer to flash drive and also vice versa. [redacted]. What could be the problem here? This happens while using either of the two USB-A ports.

This is a family friendly site.
Mind your language.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you're dealing with a desktop, might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherbaord. Then make sure you've reinstalled the chipset drivers(manually and in an elevated command).

You might also want to see if the same issue happens on using the USB flash drive stand lone on the front and rear ports. You should also rule out a faulty dock(hub) by using it on a donor system.

Lutfij

Titan

Since you're dealing with a desktop, might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherbaord. Then make sure you've reinstalled the chipset drivers(manually and in an elevated command).

You might also want to see if the same issue happens on using the USB flash drive stand lone on the front and rear ports. You should also rule out a faulty dock(hub) by using it on a donor system.

Solution
Aug 11, 2020

Thanks for the welcome. I already have the latest BIOS version on my motherboard (B450 Tomahawk MAX), the issue does not occur when using USB ports on the front/rear of my case. I don't have a different USB-C port to put the hub in, sadly.

Aug 11, 2020
Well seeing as I have not gotten a useful reply anywhere, the USB hub must be **. Great. Edit: funnily enough, my external HDD works fine both ways. But the two flash drives don't. Why do USB hubs have to be such a headache.

Last edited: