[SOLVED] USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 video through QGeem Hub on 2 laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguemouser

Honorable
Feb 6, 2015
I have two laptops. My work laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad with a USB-C port. It's so small I can barely type on it. My other laptop is an HP Omen 17 gaming laptop with a Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port. I have a 27" HDMI monitor provided by my employer, and on my own time I like to use it with my gaming laptop. Switching an HDMI cable between laptops isn't really a big deal, but I also have a keyboard and a mouse that I switch between laptops as well, so I bought a USB-C hub with an HDMI output to make switching between laptops a one-cable move.

WHat's puzzling me is that while the idea works flawlessly with my tiny little Lenovo Thinkpad, I get no video to the monitor when I use the hub. I have to use HDMI to get video to the monitor. I've searched for a setting anywhere in my system to make it work, but I haven't found anything yet.

Does anyone know why my USB-C hub would be sending video through HDMI to a monitor on a 6-month old Lenovo THinkpad but not a 9 month old HP Omen laptop?

Hub is QGeeM, with 3 USB, 1 USB-C and one HDMI for output, and a single USB-C inout.

Status
Not open for further replies.