USB Compact Flash Card Reader can't be found

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

I recently installed the latest service pack for XP and
since then the USB Compact Flash Card reader won't be
detected by XP. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing
the hardware to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it, and how?

Thanks for the support.

Had the same problem with a USB memory key drive when I installed SP2. I
fixed it by going to the "Disk Management" utility, either from Control
Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management, or right click My
Computer -> Manage. Assign a unique drive letter to the device. Make sure
the reader is plugged in beforehand. It seems that SP2 did something with
mapping of devices. In my case, the first LAN drive is mapped to F:, and
that's the first unused local drive, where the system wanted to put the
reader.