Question USB corrupted and requires formatting is there any way to recover files on it?

Nov 27, 2019
I was backing up my USB files to my university cloud drive and it crashed. So I unplugged and plugged it back in (because the files were no longer available) and when I did it comes up with:

'You need to format the dick in drive F: before you can use it'

'The volume does not contain a recognised file system. Please make sure that all required file systems drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.'

I've tried CHKDSK command but it comes up with: 'The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW Drives'

Obviously I do not want to format the USB as i'll lose all my uni files on it. Is there any way I can recover the files on the USB stick? I tried this on my personal computer and its the same error.

USB is 'Kingston Data Traveller 3.0 USB 32gb' and I've only had it a few months.

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Along with Stellar, there are many very good DIY DR utilities, free and fee, to choose and use. From what I understand, flash drive data recovery can be tricky and disappointing, I hope you succeed!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS