[SOLVED] USB Data cables

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. I have had problems connecting tablets to PC's. I have found that other cables work including the 4 inch ones that they come with. My question is, is their a difrent type of cable? I am currently talking about the Micro USB. The thing as I see it is this is a 4 wire system. the outer pins 1 & 4 are the 5V connections and the midle two 2 & 3 are the data in and out. So what is the diference between these PC USB to micro USB cables. Can anyone shead any light on this? All companys insist that you use the cable it came with. This can not mean that their are hundreds of cables where a samsing cable would not work with a apple phone (asuming micro USB).

Solution
The difference might not be with the connections on the ends but rather the quality of the cables. Maybe one is faulty/damaged. You might want to state the make and model of your tablets, and a link to them would help us two fold. Please do not compare cables from one brand to another, since you're advised to power and transfer data for each phone using the cable that it came with. Yes each cable would either have a different OEM and or perhaps a different interior quality to them.

Lutfij

Titan
The difference might not be with the connections on the ends but rather the quality of the cables. Maybe one is faulty/damaged. You might want to state the make and model of your tablets, and a link to them would help us two fold. Please do not compare cables from one brand to another, since you're advised to power and transfer data for each phone using the cable that it came with. Yes each cable would either have a different OEM and or perhaps a different interior quality to them.

Solution

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
If it is not a phisical diffrence then it could be down to quality and length. Some of these products come with extreemly small cables. Also I found plugging into a USB3 port worked but they should be backward compatable anyway and the speed of transfer would not be a problem. I went onto ebay and typed in USB data transfer cables. They look beter quality.