USB device drawing to mutch power from the port

Diogo castro

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Hello. I would like to see if anyone of you could help me with my probleme, i have been doing some troubleshooting and when i have the mouse conected it says « usb device device over current status » so i unpluged all my usb devices and system booted normally, then i tryed booting it with only the keyboard and booted normally, but then i tryed booting it up with my mouse and got me that error again so i tried booting without mouse and pluging it in when the sstem was booted up and it game me the error that you see in the tiltle, my mouse is a corsair m65 rgb pro and my keyboard is a k70 rgb rapid fire so it is not because of the rgb or the keyboard would not work. help me pls.

thank you all,
Diogo

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Could just be a false error. But it could also be a defective mouse drawing more than the 0.5 amp available at a USB port. Try a different mouse (a more generic mouse) and see if that error comes back. Try different ports with the Corsair mouse as well.

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
You should see if the warranty is still available and Corsair will exchange you another mouse. Last time I saw a similar USB message was when a coworker was using a frayed Apple phone charger. The computer began to send alerts about power surges detected from a USB device.