hi nigel.. thanx 4 the reply... still no luck.. i am running XP home.. i
just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP.. i had the USB device
question mark there after my reinstall.. its says there is no driver!! i
managed to find my video card driver, wiv help from this forum, but cannot
find the USB driver! i've serched my D drive which has my drivers on ..but
cant fiind a USB driver

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 07:38 am, malnuman had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> hi nigel.. thanx 4 the reply... still no luck.. i am running XP home.. i
> just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP.. i had the USB device
> question mark there after my reinstall.. its says there is no driver!! i
> managed to find my video card driver, wiv help from this forum, but cannot
> find the USB driver! i've serched my D drive which has my drivers on ..but
> cant fiind a USB driver

If it's an USB2 driver you seek, that comes packaged with SP1 or above.
There is no other source for USB2 drivers but MickeyMouse. You might be
trying to install the original XP that came before the 2 service patches.
Try updating your system to either SP1 or SP2 and that should fix your
problem, unless you have a hardware issue.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

After you formatted your drive did you install your motherboard drivers?