sjust trying to load up sum files to my MP3 player... but say device not
reconised

i went to teh device manager and theres a question mark by the USB device &
it says no driver installed!! i've just reinstalled XP and i cannot find the
driver on my disk or D drive.. ANY help please!!! :-(

Nigel

Do this.

Turn your machine on with out your mp3 player connected, remove the cable.
Inspect the device manager, is the question mark there ? I exspect it is not.
Now connect the cable and mp3 player to your machine, the question mark more
than likey returns, you need to go to the manufactures web site and download
the driver for your mp3 player, do you have the disk for your player... put
that in it might have an install route for Windows xp.

You are using xp pro right>?

Give more details what you are running, name of your player.

If you dont connect the mp3 player and there is still a question mark then
you need to load more files for your system, give your model and type here if
this is the case ill try and point you in the right dirrection.
Nigel

"malnuman" wrote:

> sjust trying to load up sum files to my MP3 player... but say device not
> reconised
>
> i went to teh device manager and theres a question mark by the USB device &
> it says no driver installed!! i've just reinstalled XP and i cannot find the
> driver on my disk or D drive.. ANY help please!!! :-(

Nigel makes sense... but dude we'd really need more info... did you device
come with software?... If so install it again and check for updated
versions... the problem is not always the OS...

--
cool?...

"malnuman" wrote:

> sjust trying to load up sum files to my MP3 player... but say device not
> reconised
>
> i went to teh device manager and theres a question mark by the USB device &
> it says no driver installed!! i've just reinstalled XP and i cannot find the
> driver on my disk or D drive.. ANY help please!!! :-(

Lopcate the mp3 palayer manufacturer's web site and see if you can
get/download the driver.