USB device malfunctioned and not recognised overnight.

chriseg

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Hi,
Left my pc on last night running a few downloads whilst I was asleep, I left my USB stick plugged in one of the back ports and then this morning I just disconnected it and left to school. There I found the popup message "USB device not recognised, The last USB device connected malfunctioned and windows cannot recognise it". I do backup, every so many days, it has literally been the first where I have been caught in between backup periods. I had it backed up 2 days ago on my Desktop and laptop PC. I would like access to the content of the USB once again, however if not possible, I would at least like the USB functioning once again so I can reuse it in future reference.
Thanks for help and support !

ShubhamVerlekar

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013

Umm According to me you know restarting your computer fixes USB malfuntioning. And I hope nothing happened to your Flash Drive, If it is Formatted I would recommend a software name as Recuva It is the best.
If the problem is not fixed please post problem in Detail

ShubhamVerlekar

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013
another solution for malfunction is Reinstall USB controllers.

This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.
Click Start, then type device manager in the Search box, then click Device Manager.
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right click a device and click Uninstall. Repeat for each device.
Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.

chriseg

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Running recuva now, based on its estimations it will take around an hour to complete, (6321 files found). I will try your second suggestion following the recuva report, thanks for the suggestions and if there is no improvement on the current situation I shall post back immediately in detail

ShubhamVerlekar

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013

OOK