[SOLVED] USB device not showing up in UEFI

abel225

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Hey all,

I'm trying to boot from a USB device, but none that I tried show up. I tried both a USB2.0 and a USB3.1 drive on my Asus flipbook 14 but neither show up in the bios under the USB tab. I have booted off from a USB device before when I installed Ubuntu Linux on the computer.

I tried disabling Secure boot and fast boot, enabling CSM and all options I found online but I still can't see the device in the bios. I even made different versions of the operating systems. (Windows and Ubuntu)

Thanks for your help

Solution
Hey all,

I'm trying to boot from a USB device, but none that I tried show up. I tried both a USB2.0 and a USB3.1 drive on my Asus flipbook 14 but neither show up in the bios under the USB tab. I have booted off from a USB device before when I installed Ubuntu Linux on the computer.

I tried disabling Secure boot and fast boot, enabling CSM and all options I found online but I still can't see the device in the bios. I even made different versions of the operating systems. (Windows and Ubuntu)

Thanks for your help
The answer was in auto enabling legacy usb device support. If it was always supporting it didn't see the usb devices

abel225

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Hey all,

Thanks for your help
The answer was in auto enabling legacy usb device support. If it was always supporting it didn't see the usb devices

Solution