USB device over current status detected!!

LuffySV

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
So, I woke up this morning and turned on my computer and I saw "USB device over current status detected will shut down in 15 seconds". I started googling the issue on my phone and I came across a thread asking me to unplug the front USB port and then try to start the PC. So I did that but the problem still wasnt solved. I removed all my USB devices from the ports (both front and back) and booted up my PC and it seems to work fine. So I checked all my USB ports for any damage and I couldnt see one, I tried plugging my devices one at a time into Ports one by one .. and the error came back again when I plugged into one port.. so I tried to do it all over again (removed the devices and booting up the PC), and the Problem isnt there anymore. All the ports seems to work fine now with the devices connected, the pc is booting up fine.. Should I be worried about anything? Is it a bug or is the problem solved?

LuffySV

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

I had my mouse, keyboard and my wacom tablet plugged in... I removed it all and booted it up. it worked, I re-plugged it it worked, and plugged two of them in different port the error came back. UPDATE: I saw an odd USB port, tried to fix it by just blowing in and moving the straightening the port and plugged all the devices in (including the bent usb port. It worked. and i rebooted it twice. it seems to be working fine..
Should I book an RMA ?

LuffySV

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

thanks Paul NZ :) I have my keyboard plugged into the "bent" USB. I will have the thread open just in case I find some other answers regarding this :)

Hopefully your issue is sorted

Regarding rma , bent or physically damaged usb port would come under user error rather than a fault , most manufacturers would just send the board straight back to you without repairing / replacing & charge for return delivery.