Question USB Device Over Current Status

SubwayWarrior18

Commendable
Dec 31, 2020
I was just restarting my PC and suddenly. My PC shut down by itself while going through the process of restarting. I checked to see what was wrong and as it turned out, it was a USB device over current status issue. I did unplug every usb device including my mouse and keyboard but the problem still exists. Is there a way to fix this problem?

I was just restarting my PC and suddenly. My PC shut down by itself while going through the process of restarting. I checked to see what was wrong and as it turned out, it was a USB device over current status issue. I did unplug every usb device including my mouse and keyboard but the problem still exists. Is there a way to fix this problem?
if usb controller got shorted, then only mainboard replacement would help

you can try disconnecting front panel usb ports mainboard and if you have detachable IO shield, then check it if grounding isnt shorting

SubwayWarrior18

Commendable
Dec 31, 2020
if usb controller got shorted, then only mainboard replacement would help

you can try disconnecting front panel usb ports mainboard and if you have detachable IO shield, then check it if grounding isnt shorting
I figured it out. As it turns out, one of the USB 3.0 ports were broken and it was causing the usb over current status issue. I disconnected the USB 3.0 connector. My PC was able to boot again

Reactions: kerberos_20