Question USB Devices acting strange

Nicolas_C

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Good day

I've been having issues with my USB devices over the last few months. This mainly occurs while I'm playing games.
I used to have stuttery sound over my usb headset which seems to be solved after I format my pc a week ago. I did the format hoping it would solve my issue with the usb devices.

On Rainbow Six Siege my mouse movement is really jittery. At times when single fire it would register twice, or when I'm clicking multiple times it would skip a click here and there and it also sometimes stops shooting when I'm holding down the mouse button.
Sometimes I would hold a button down on my keyboard and when I release the button it would register that I'm still holding the button down
I've tried a different mouse and keyboard with the same result

On Rocket League when I'm using my ps4 controller (connected to my bluetooth dongle) it messes with my webcam mic. I would have to reconnect it just to be able to use my mic for another minute before it stops working again. My controller would also stop working at times

I havent really made any changes in my BIOS
I guess resetting my BIOS would be worth a shot?

My specs:
CPU - Core i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU - GTX 1050 Ti OC edition (4gb vram)
8gb RAM (DDR4)
530W PSU
OS - Windows 10 Pro

I would really appreciate some help on this

Nicolas_C

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Its the Raidmax RX-530SS
I've had it for about 3 years now. I've cleaned it thoroughly with a brush few weeks ago. It was quite heavily clogged with dust

5 USB Devices
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Headset
  • Webcam
  • Bluetooth dongle
Unfortunately I do not have a USB hub

Nicolas_C

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
I think it is a USB device problem. In 3 years, the USB port of the PC is unlikely to have a problem, but there may be minor problems with the mouse and keyboard.
First confirm whether it is the cause of the USB device. If yes, replace the USB device;
If not, then confirm whether it is the cause of the USB port. If so, buy a USB hub. I have a 4-port hub from Larnt, you should need a 7-port hub.
If all is ok, it is a problem with PC settings.
I've tried a different mouse and keyboard and had the same issue.
Buying a USB hub isnt really an option for me at this stage
If you're talking about Windows settings, I doubt it. I formatted my PC because I also thought it might be drivers messing around or some settings. Still having the same issues after formatting my PC