[SOLVED] usb devices and motherboard flashing with the power supply turned off

Solution
yes, the funny thing is, it begun when i change my old evga 600b from 2013 to a brand new super flower 650 gold

The +5VSB powers most of the RGB on the motherboard and RAM, so it would make sense if it was lit up while the switch on the back is "ON" while the PC was "off". But in the off position, there should be no power after the capacitors discharge. So it sounds like the new PSU has a faulty power switch and is intermittingly allowing power to flow.

BTW: I take it you're flipping the PSU switch off because you don't want to see the lights in your build when you should be sleeping. You should be able to turn that off in the BIOS (except for RGB RAM, unfortunately). Those switches on PSUs aren't meant to be flipped off...
yes, the funny thing is, it begun when i change my old evga 600b from 2013 to a brand new super flower 650 gold

The +5VSB powers most of the RGB on the motherboard and RAM, so it would make sense if it was lit up while the switch on the back is "ON" while the PC was "off". But in the off position, there should be no power after the capacitors discharge. So it sounds like the new PSU has a faulty power switch and is intermittingly allowing power to flow.

BTW: I take it you're flipping the PSU switch off because you don't want to see the lights in your build when you should be sleeping. You should be able to turn that off in the BIOS (except for RGB RAM, unfortunately). Those switches on PSUs aren't meant to be flipped off and on every day.

Reactions: spohr77
Solution

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021

BTW: I take it you're flipping the PSU switch off because you don't want to see the lights in your build when you should be sleeping. You should be able to turn that off in the BIOS (except for RGB RAM, unfortunately). Those switches on PSUs aren't meant to be flipped off and on every day.
I spend 2 hours taking the cables off the mb 1 by 1, i found that the 12v rgb cable from the 3 frontal fans were bad conected somehow, after i conect it properly it appeard to have been fixed, it stops for hours, somehow it blinked again and still, its weird because theres no power in the system, only this second that flashes, if it was the faulty power switch if should allow power intermittingly like when i click something like keyboard, mouse, speaker it should answer somehow right? idk much about eletricity

Last edited:

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
The funny thing is, it begin when i change my old evga 600b from 2013 to a brand new super flower 650 gold, it appears to never get out of power,(even with the back switch turned to off) how can it be possible? sometimes it takes hours to blink, sometimes it blinks every 10 min or so, it only stops when i take out of the wall