Question USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect Randomly

Drag0n_

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
To start off, my PC components, Ill just link a PC Part Picker because it's easier: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/M2tL9G

So, my PC had been having problems for ~2.5 months now, and it's just gotten worse so I am going to have to do something about it now. Every 5-60 minutes or so the majority of the USB devices in my PC will disconnect and reconnect simultaneously. It used to be (just got bad today) that only 3 would do this, but now visible in this picture of USBDeview, its a lot of devices that it happens to. Before today it was only the Commander pro, Aura LED service which it doesn't seem to affect anymore, and one of the long stings of numbers.

It started (with the 3) around when I upgraded some of my hardware. I upgraded the motherboard, cpu, and storage. Before that with the old hardware there were no problems. Now today I contacted Asus support because I thought it might be my motherboard and while doing some troubleshooting (updating drivers and switching the two headers the commander pro and H100i are plugged into) it caused the bigger list of things to break). One of the drivers I did update was the Aura firmware which now seems to be fixed. Idk.

I have found some other evidence of people experiencing similar things online, more specifically with my same motherboard and similar processor (Asus PRIME X570-PRO and Ryzan 3700X, I have 3800X). It could be a problem with the two? I don't know what to do. It was bearable before but now everything freezes for ~5 sec instead of before when I just lost internet for a sec. Any one experiencing something similar/know of any solutions? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS