[SOLVED] Usb devices disconnect for a split second

MrWest671

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
Hi guys,

pc USB ports seem to disconnect at random while gaming or doing other task but only for a split second before reconnecting. Affects usb 2.0, 3.0 and usb type c ports.
I’ve attempted to install the most updated drivers for the motherboard but the issue persist. Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

pc specs
i7-4790s
ASRock B85M-ITX mobo(from a prebuild)
16gb ddr3
Gtx 1060
650w plat evga psu
1tb 860 ssd

Solution
650W is the wattage of the unit while EVGA is the brand from which the PSU comes from. You will need to state the model of the unit. How old is the PSU in your build? What OS are you working off of? If you're on Windows 10, what version are you on? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You could try reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, and see if that alleviates the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
650W is the wattage of the unit while EVGA is the brand from which the PSU comes from. You will need to state the model of the unit. How old is the PSU in your build? What OS are you working off of? If you're on Windows 10, what version are you on? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You could try reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, and see if that alleviates the issue.

Reactions: MrWest671
Solution