Question USB devices don’t work after being unplugged

ImA Very big noob

Honorable
Sep 5, 2016
If I unplug a usb device like a keyboard and plug it back in it will not work, only way to get it to work is to plug them in while off and then boot.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include the PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

If possible try an external, independently powered USB hub for your USB devices.

For the most part a failing PSU may not be able to provide the power being demanding by your system.

Especially at boot up when all devices are asking for power. The peak is too much for the PSU. Could be any or all of the provided voltages.

ImA Very big noob

Honorable
Sep 5, 2016
My computer is suddenly experiencing a bunch of issues with plugging in and taking out USB devices.
For some reason the issue is volatile and keeps changing. Sometimes the USB devices don’t work at all but on device manager say they’re working, other time’s they don’t work and say they can’t start on device manager. If I take out a usb device and plug it back in, it will not work anymore until I reboot with it plugged in. When I take out a usb sometimes the computer doesn’t register it has been taken out and it still registers appears on device manager. Sometimes everything works but the wireless adapter turns off every 5 seconds. Sometimes I plug in a usb device and it registers but doesn’t work, sometimes I plug one it and it doesn’t register.

my Psu is a Corsair CX750