Question USB Devices Failing Under Certain Conditions on New PC ?

Jan 24, 2021
Hey all,

I built a new computer about a week ago and have been having some issues.

Windows 10
CPU: 5600x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II AIO
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
GPU: Asus Dual 3070 OC Edition
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 3600 MHz
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I haven't done any overclocking, everything is as it came from the box.

Initially I noticed that while playing the game Path of Exile and watching or listening to any other audio source at the same time a popping/crackling and occasional high pitched whine in the audio. The issues with the audio also occurred while playing Warzone and in a discord call with friends. Note that I use a USB DAC for my audio and also that this never happened if I wasn't multitasking with two audio sources. I have started using a simple AutoHotKey script I made for the game (it's very simple and not strenuous or malicious), now whenever launch the game and then launch the AutoHotKey script all of my USB devices start to go haywire, my keyboard and mouse cut in and out erratically and my USB audio does the same. As I said I also had issues with my audio while playing Warzone but it wasn't as bad where all my devices were acting erratically.

Any ideas what the issue could be? I've tried running some stress tests and everything seems stable. I've ensured all of my drivers are up to date as well.

Thank you for your time and help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts