Question USB devices have weird lag ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rdeath

Prominent
Aug 26, 2022
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for coming to help,

Since my PC's birth it has had issues with the USB devices I plug into it. I don't know if it goes deeper than that. No matter what I am doing the devices will all disconnect and reconnect. This includes the RGB lighting on motherboards devices i.e. the corsair CPU cooler light and the GPU lighting. I'll have bad audio feedback when it all resets. It has not taken over 5 seconds for them to come back but as a gamer that is quite an inconvenience. I also feel like the pc doesn't play as well as it should. I'll be playing CIV 6 and on the bigger maps it starts to really struggle. I updated bios and reset CMOS a couple days later i dont now if that does anything.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Ryzen 9 5950x
EVGA FTW3 GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
EVGA Supernova 1300 G+, 80+ Gold 1300W, Fully Modular
Hydro x series water cooled. Cpu, EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB and active backplate
2 360mm radiators, 6 fans, one pump.

Rdeath

Prominent
Aug 26, 2022
Since you have these problems on win11, I would suggest you make a clean reinstall to win10, could be while you upgraded to 11 some drivers became somewhat corupted. Win 11 is still overrated at the time, and causes quite a bit of issues to some users.
It is a long shot, but might be worth while to try.
Is it really something that could cause my devices to randomly turn off then on?