Question USB devices (headphones and camera) not functioning properly (headphones have crackling noise/camera glitches)

Nov 25, 2022
Hi all,
This is my first post here, I've checked around different forums to see if anyone had the same issue, but didn't find anything, so this is my last resort.
For some context, I recently just upgraded my case, motherboard, and power supply.
Here is my new build:
  • Corsair 4000X RGB Case
  • MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
  • Intel i7-10700k
  • Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
  • 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
  • 2 x 8 gb XPG
  • Corsair RM650x
As mentioned in the title, my headphones (Razer Blackshark V2) and camera aren't working properly. The audio in my headphones keeps crackling/being choppy, especially when I'm gaming, and my camera is extremely glitchy. I've tried plugging these into every USB port, both front panel and rear io, and nothing changed. I've updated my bios, still nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb root hubs in device manager, but still didn't fix it. At one point I thought it might be the headphones and camera themselves since my mouse and keyboard still work fine, but I plugged them into another machine and they worked perfectly fine.

I keep thinking that maybe the USB drivers are out of date, but I can't seem to find any drivers for usb on the msi website. I've also tried updating the Realtek audio drivers with the ones from the website, but it still didn't fix the issue.

I've also tried switching from plugging my headphones into the usb port to plugging it into the headphone jack, but no dice.
Have any of you faced this same issue? I might end up replacing my mobo.