[SOLVED] USB devices keep disconnecting, mainly when I launch games ?

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
So i'm having an issue as of current where my usb devices are bugging out, freezing, not being able to be controlled by icue.I doubt it's a driver issue as i can't seem to find any rotten drivers. I'm thinking it is either the motherboard or my PSU.

My devices that are connected via argb 3 pin (2 led strips and an argb custom shroud that are all connected to a 3 pin argb splitter into my motherboard) and my devices that are connected via usb 2.0 header on the bottom of my motherboard. My usb ports disconnect randomly sometimes but now they disconnect as soon as i run a game, and making them numb for a small amount of time usually. My AIO and my rgb hub is connected to a commander pro if that helps.

Specs:
RX 580 4GB
Corsair AIO H100I rgb platinum
16GB Corsair vengeance pro ram (2 sticks)
Asus Rog strix B450-F Gaming II mobo
Commander pro
Evga 600w psu
Ryzen 5 2600x
samsung 970 evo plus 500gb
(2 sata drives)
6 SP120 connected to their hub,connected to a commander pro slot via usb 2.0.

Help is really appreciated,thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Well, if it's a budget PSU from EVGA, I'd advise on seeing if a replacement PSU borrowed from a friend or neighbor who has at least 650W from a reliably built unit that can power the entire system, solves the issue. The way you've explained it can be either an OS corruption, a corruption in drivers or a mismatch of sorts or that the PSU can't deliver power to all components when you're taxing the system.

FYI, EVGA is the brand while 600W is the wattage, it doesn't state what the model of the unit is. I've said this prior on other threads as have my colleagues, EVGA tend to have hit or miss units even in their cream of the crop lineup in their portfolio so always proceed with caution with PSU's from them.

BISO version at the time of...

Lutfij

Titan
Well, if it's a budget PSU from EVGA, I'd advise on seeing if a replacement PSU borrowed from a friend or neighbor who has at least 650W from a reliably built unit that can power the entire system, solves the issue. The way you've explained it can be either an OS corruption, a corruption in drivers or a mismatch of sorts or that the PSU can't deliver power to all components when you're taxing the system.

FYI, EVGA is the brand while 600W is the wattage, it doesn't state what the model of the unit is. I've said this prior on other threads as have my colleagues, EVGA tend to have hit or miss units even in their cream of the crop lineup in their portfolio so always proceed with caution with PSU's from them.

BISO version at the time of writing for your motherboard? Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Solution

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021

BISO version at the time of writing for your motherboard? Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?
4301, and all my ram slots are full as I have corsairs rgb Enhancement kit too.All in the right places. I was speaking to someone about the issue, and they said it is definitely the motherboard as a hub needs more power to work, which the motherboard should provide? And apparently 600w should be more than enough to power my specs, his exact words are "parts of the motherboard, while it could be due to the actual lanes stuff which I wont be able to see, or it could be because you have damaged components (resistors bodies, etc)" and "Yep, a hub needs higher voltage, if the mobo fails to supply that, it's broken" I have no knowledge in this type of issue so I'm just going by what I was told and narrowing it down ☺️ both the psu and motherboard are new, I can obtain a new motherboard but getting a new psu will be tricky. My original idea was that its the psu, because it never does this when plugged straight into the motherboard, but I just recently got a new motherboard, and the old one I had, with the same exact specs, it was a Asus Prime b450, and it worked just fine.