[SOLVED] USB disconnect/reconnect very frequently

Oct 24, 2021
Hi,

I'm having this very annoying issue for over 2 months now. My mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with the typical sound very often and my keyboard does it too but not so often and when it does it freezes so I have to manually unplug and plug it back in except my mouse. This is very annoying while gaming. I've tried watching solutions and feels like every solution is the same. ''Check USB power settings from device manager, check power options disable this and that'' I've done all that. I've tried with a new mouse and still same problem. I've tried on other computer and no problem. My keyboard & mouse is USB wired. I've checked also drivers and I honestly don't know what to do anymore even though I could say I am experienced with pc stuff. Small list of what I've tried to do:
  1. Device manager drivers, reinstalling, updating and managing power settings
  2. Changed advanced power plans like most of the solution videos have advised to
  3. Updated drivers from their websites (mouse, keyboard, motherboard)
  4. Unplugged every component and reinstalled them
  5. Plugged devices to different ports
I really hope before jumping into conclusion that it's not my PSU because idk what else to think even though it's old but never had problems.

My setup:
PSU: Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series, ATX 80Plus Model CMPSU-600CXV2EU
Motherboard: X470 GAMING PRO MAX (MS-7B79)​
RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston DDR4 2400​
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X​
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070​
2x M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 950 256gb & Intel p600 256gb​
2x. very old HDD​
Windows 10 64-bit​

I hope I'm not missing anything while writing this. I really hope someone can help me sort this problem finally. Thank you.

-Vincent

Solution
2 things you can try.

1/ got device manager and under the USB Root HUB then power management I turned the management off there. and also under the Mouse itself
2/ get usbview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html run it as administrator, find your mouse and uninstall the USB port *right click on the line where your mouse is showing.), then unplug your mouse, reboot computer and plug the mouse back in after the system booted. (refreshes the USB information)
2 things you can try.

1/ got device manager and under the USB Root HUB then power management I turned the management off there. and also under the Mouse itself
2/ get usbview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html run it as administrator, find your mouse and uninstall the USB port *right click on the line where your mouse is showing.), then unplug your mouse, reboot computer and plug the mouse back in after the system booted. (refreshes the USB information)

Solution
Oct 24, 2021
2 things you can try.

Here in 3 second gif clip you can see it happening
I've actually tried that 1/ suggestion already. Trying now this 2/ uninstall unplug and reboot pc.
Did step 2/

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
The CX600 is a 10 years old design and generally considered low quality even back in the day. Regardless of whether it is the root cause of your problem, I would still recommend upgrading to a newer higher quality PSU like the far superior CX650 (2017) if you wish to stay with Corsair.

Hardware randomly disconnecting and reconnecting means something is defective. You need to remove all non-essential hardware to check whether the issue is related to essential components before adding non-essential components back in until you find the breaking point.

Oct 24, 2021
The CX600 is a 10 years old design and generally considered low quality even back in the day. Regardless of whether it is the root cause of your problem, I would still recommend upgrading to a newer higher quality PSU like the far superior CX650 (2017) if you wish to stay with Corsair.

Hardware randomly disconnecting and reconnecting means something is defective. You need to remove all non-essential hardware to check whether the issue is related to essential components before adding non-essential components back in until you find the breaking point.

Yeah it is really old, but I did volt tests and there was no problem with it. Also about this removing all non-essential hardware since English is not my first language do you mean like boot the pc with motherboard + mouse only or what? I need a blonde step by step

EDIT: I booted pc up with only mouse and 1 monitor and still same problem with the mouse.

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
Yeah it is really old, but I did volt tests and there was no problem with it. Also about this removing all non-essential hardware since English is not my first language do you mean like boot the pc with motherboard + mouse only or what? I need a blonde step by step

EDIT: I booted pc up with only mouse and 1 monitor and still same problem with the mouse.
Yes, the least amount of stuff possible.

The last time I've seen someone with an "everything disconnects" type issue, it turned out to be a failing mouse. I recently had a similar issue myself with a bad USB hub power adapter and external HDD which has mysteriously stopped causing issues after I opened the external enclosure to transfer the HDD into a different one to get some file and put it back..

Oct 24, 2021
Yes, the least amount of stuff possible.

The last time I've seen someone with an "everything disconnects" type issue, it turned out to be a failing mouse. I recently had a similar issue myself with a bad USB hub power adapter and external HDD which has mysteriously stopped causing issues after I opened the external enclosure to transfer the HDD into a different one to get some file and put it back..

Yeah well I've tried with another mouse and it had a same issue... No adapters or external stuff. My situation atm sucks a lot, because as a student I can't really go buy this and that...If I just knew what is making this :(

Oct 24, 2021
This is very odd. I tried my mouse AGAIN in my laptop and it did the same disconnects now suddenly even though I have tried before....Or I just was then very lucky? So I guess I'll go today after school to get a new mouse....But what about my keyboard? How come it does the same thing but not so often though 🤔

InvalidError

Titan
But what about my keyboard? How come it does the same thing but not so often though 🤔
If the 7+ years old low-quality PSU is going bad, it may have damaged your mouse, keyboard and possibly other components.

Since you have a laptop, you could setup remote desktop on your PC and remotely log into it from your laptop to see if it continues having issues with no external devices.

TRENDING THREADS