USB Disconnection problem

Jun 11, 2018
So i got a new pc 1 week ago and it worked great. But out of nowhere i have been getting issues with usb ports. Whenever i plug in my headphones via usb, wifi disconnects. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Solution
There's 1 or 2 solutions. I implemented both .
Let's start here at the problem. The networking hardware. The cable is a USB to Micro-USB. The WiFi network card has a Micro-USB interface.

The below is copied from a Quora users named: Dave Haynie, Hardware Systems Engineer (Rajant + Commodore-Amiga + 20 years in startups)
"Standard USB-A and USB-B ports are rated for 1,500 plug/unplug cycles. Mini USB ports are rated by specification for 5,000 plug/unplug cycles. Doesn't mean you run out at those, but that's the design goal.

The micro-USB-B connector that's now the standard for smartphones is rated for 10,000 plug/unplug cycles. That, and the demand for thinner and thinner phones, is why the USB SIG designed a new USB connector for...

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Include your USB driven peripherals:

Have you made sure your drivers for the chipset and USB are installed and up to date? Is the issue triggered when you plug in a particular device or in a particular order?

Jun 11, 2018

CPU: I3-8100
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M DS2
RAM: DDR4 8GB
SSD: 128GB
HDD: 1TB
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti ZOTAC
PSU: Dont know what psu i have since i bought a prebuilt system and if i open the case, warranty expire
Chassis: I dont know about this either
Sorry, what are USB driven peripherals?

Aug 18, 2018
There's 1 or 2 solutions. I implemented both .
Let's start here at the problem. The networking hardware. The cable is a USB to Micro-USB. The WiFi network card has a Micro-USB interface.

The below is copied from a Quora users named: Dave Haynie, Hardware Systems Engineer (Rajant + Commodore-Amiga + 20 years in startups)
"Standard USB-A and USB-B ports are rated for 1,500 plug/unplug cycles. Mini USB ports are rated by specification for 5,000 plug/unplug cycles. Doesn't mean you run out at those, but that's the design goal.

The micro-USB-B connector that's now the standard for smartphones is rated for 10,000 plug/unplug cycles. That, and the demand for thinner and thinner phones, is why the USB SIG designed a new USB connector for this. The new USB-C type connector is also rated for 10,000 cycles."

The oldest post I found was in 2014. Well, exceeded 1500 cycles.
Tried: I replaced the USB-to -Micro USB Cable.
No go.

The WiFi network card is a WL1109H V1.1, So I started to my surf, using Google search and DuckDuckGo search. Nothing real significant stood, at first.
I used various combination of these tags or identifiers: wl1109h jb6612 attenna wifi
Then I one combination had me surfing like crazy.
I started to see this: RT5370.

I know WLxxxx is a Ralink wireless connection board.
I know RTxxxx is a Ralink Tech chipset.

Ralink search, #1 spot: Wikipedia.

#2 spot: MediaTek RT5370 Broadband Wi-Fi | MediaTek
https://www.mediatek.com › Products.
--I downloaded the driver at this location and installed.

I got a better ligiht. Printed on the chip is Ralink RT3070L. There is a driver at:https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/rt5370

THERE IS A CONSENT CONNECTION, I can now communicate.

Problem Solved.

Now I will go surf: Audio and Bluetooth awaits on other platforms.

I hope this is beneficial.

Solution