USB Docking Station with extension cable

Adrian M

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
Have a look at this Dell Docking Station USB 3.0:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-docking-station-usb-3-0-d3100/apd/452-bbpg/pc-accessories

I'm planning to have my PC in a room and my TV in another room. The TV will be used for couch gaming.
- TV, gamepad, wireless keyboard and mouse will be connected to the PC through the above mentioned docking station.
- the docking station will be next to the TV.
- the docking station will be connected to the PC through an USB 3.0 Extension Cable, Male to Female.
- the above mentioned extension cable won't be longer than 2m / 7ft and will run through a hole drilled in a concrete wall.

My questions are:
- Is this achievable?
- Will the docking station work with an extension cable?
- Will there be any input lag due to the docking station and the extension cable? I'm worried about TV/gamepad/keyboard/mouse input lag.

Thank you.

2M usb extension cable should be just fine. lag for USB devices should not be an issue.

Now if you are saying that VIDEO for the TV will be hooked up using the docking station then this is not going to work.
Video ports in USB docking stations are for display of secondary monitor only, they do not have even close to the processing power to play games on.