usb driver for infrared adapter

Sam

Hi,
I have bought an infrared adapter to connect to my mobile phone (MA620 USB),
but unfortunately I could not install it to my computer....I know it should
be Straight forward and I have followed the instructions step by step ...but
all I kept getting is a massage saying that the driver for the device could
not be found (even on the disk that came with the device). Iam using XP home
edition sp2, and the driver on the disk is for use with xp. I have even
downloaded the latest driver from the company home page .....but still got
the same result

any help pls

thanks

Remove the device and its drivers then install the driver software without
the device connected. Does it install OK? If you install the device *b4* the
drivers WinXp will try to assign its own drivers to it.

--

+-- Thief_

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have bought an infrared adapter to connect to my mobile phone (MA620
USB),
> but unfortunately I could not install it to my computer....I know it
should
> be Straight forward and I have followed the instructions step by step
....but
> all I kept getting is a massage saying that the driver for the device
could
> not be found (even on the disk that came with the device). Iam using XP
home
> edition sp2, and the driver on the disk is for use with xp. I have even
> downloaded the latest driver from the company home page .....but still got
> the same result
>
> any help pls
>
> thanks

Sam

I have done that and got the same result :(