[SOLVED] USB Drivers and Impact On IOGear Video Wireless Display Kit

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
I am using a Windows 7 based PC as purely a video streaming box to an HD television. I use an IOGearm HUWAVKIT4B Wireless 1080p Computer to HD Display Kit to send the HDMI signal from my PC to the television. My PC is up to date in all it's drivers and Windows Updates (to the point there are no updates anymore). From the IOGear website, I had installed the latest drivers and supporting software for my Windows 7 64 bit system (v.24089). IOGear also requires the installation of DisplayLink drivers,for which I downloaded and installed the latest version. Now, when I start up my PC, I am given this message: "DisplayLink installer has detected that your USB 3.0 controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware. Please download and update your Intel USB 3.0 host controller driver before using DisplayLink technology." It asks me to choose to seek more information (which goes to an erronous webspage) or to continue anyway.

If I continue anyway, and plug in the IOGear dongle, IOGear's UWB Connection Manager interface has identified the radio (dongle) and claims it's "connectable" inthe DEVICES tab, but it never connects. In the same interface's COMMUNICATIONS tab, UWB communication is ON, and USB UWB Host is identified on channel 28 with a status of working properly. There are no errors revealed in Device Manager. If I unplug the dongle, and plug it back in, I lose all that positive information in UWB Connection Manager, and an error is revealed in Device Manager with the UWB Radio Controller.

I have tried several Legacy DisplayLink Drivers from previous builds, and they all reboot the computer to the same message.

I can only assume it has to do with the USB drivers which DisplayLink warned me of. Do you concur? Is it the fault of the most current (I think) Intel USB 3.0 controller driver? The IOGear software? DisplayLink?

I can't roll back my USB drivers.

Suggestions for a solution?

Solution
OK, I solved it. I found an older driver for my chipset and it works now! Thanks anyone who had visited wishing to help find a solution.
(How can I flag this solved?)

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
OK, I solved it. I found an older driver for my chipset and it works now! Thanks anyone who had visited wishing to help find a solution.
(How can I flag this solved?)

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't have this issue but I can see that your info will be very useful for someone who does - the cause and solution is not obvious. So thank you for posting this!

PS - MAYBE having a reply from another person will allow you to mark this Solved.

TRENDING THREADS