[SOLVED] USB drives not working when windows 7 boots

Aug 14, 2019
So I recently bought an ASUS x570 ACE and a Ryzen 3900X. I was previously using an intel processor and compatible motherboard. I swapped them in with my old hard drive and video card. Now when I load windows a few things happen. The drivers get stuck after classpnp.sys. My roommate figured out how to bypass that in bios and get it to the login screen. But the second that windows starts loading at all, all my USB devices deactivate. No amount of unplugging and replugging helps them. So I cant log in. Even when loading windows off a disc, with no hard drive plugged in, the USB issue persists.

I tried restoring the BIOS to defaults to help but that leaves the same problem as well as not being able to get to my login page. Help?

Solution
D
There’s no Windows 7 support with that processor. Install windows 10

Another thing, you can’t swap out an Intel based system with AMD and not reinstall windows so this is never going to work. Do a clean install of windows 10
D

Deleted member 14196

Another thing, you can’t swap out an Intel based system with AMD and not reinstall windows so this is never going to work. Do a clean install of windows 10

Reactions: Spectrumshift
Solution
Aug 14, 2019

Thank you so much. You seriously saved me so much time and stress. Got windows 10 and it works perf. Thank you thank you thank you