Apr 30, 2021
Hello, everyone!
I have little annoying and strange problem. Once i restarted my pc right after i turned it on. I tried to log in, but my laptop keyboard didnt work. I restarted it many times and it did not help me. I looked up in device manager and in USB devices one was with error 43. I searched a bit about this problem and tried out following actions: USB devices driver updating, disabling ability to turn off device in power management purposes. Nothing of this helped. Then i disconnected charging cabel and restarted my laptop (fisrt turned in off, then turned on). My keyboard worked again and error 43 disappeared. I did some experiments with charging and found out following strange stuff:

1. Error 43 shows itself when i update drivers on extensible host controller Intel(R) USB 3.1 (if i keep this driver and then restart laptop with connected charging cable error dissapears)
  2. If i turn on my laptop without power supply (on own battery i mean) keyboard is working fine. If i connect charging cable after it still works fine.
  3. If i turn on my laptop with power supply, keyboard doesnt work and error 43 comes out. In this case there is no way to use laptops keyboard, only restart without charging.

Other USB devices (like external keyboards, mouses and so on) are working good, without any problem.
I tried also other popular ways to fix it, but without success. I didnt disconnect laptops battery and did not edit the registry.
I dont really think, that this problems came out because of "hardware" problems. Maybe some software issues or something like this.
If you have any ideas about ways how to fix it, or the reasons or roots of this error, please help.
Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
With all things said and done, what is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Can you also see what your BIOS version for said laptop is at the time of writing? OS? Windows 10? If so, what version(not edition) are you working with? How old is the laptop(and battery)?

Apr 30, 2021
With all things said and done, what is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Can you also see what your BIOS version for said laptop is at the time of writing? OS? Windows 10? If so, what version(not edition) are you working with? How old is the laptop(and battery)?
My laptop is Lenovo Legion Y7000 2019, rtx 2060, core i7 9750 h, 8gb ram. My OS is windows 10, but it updated to windows 11 (when error happened i worked 1 or 2 days on windows 10 and then OS updated to win 11). Latest windows 10 version was 20H1 (when error happend) then it updated to 21H1 first and then to win 11 :(
Laptop is 1.5 years old, battery too.
Btw i tried now to disassemble laptop to disconnect battery. Waited for couple minutes and then assembled all back. Keyboard is still not working when i turn laptop on with charging cable in it.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you looked into BIOS updates for your laptop using it's serial number on Lenovo's support page? I personally would've stayed away from Windows 11 until a year went by so all bugs were ironed out. I think it's more to do with hardware and software, considering that drivers are needed to aid in communication between components.

Looks like that's the latest BIOS version...did you source all drivers for your laptop(outside the GPU) from Lenovo's support site prior to running windows update? You're advised to download the drivers on a donor system so the OS doesn't download and install drivers it thinks are best for your platform, which often times is a mistake by the OS.

Apr 30, 2021
I'm assuming you looked into BIOS updates for your laptop using it's serial number on Lenovo's support page? I personally would've stayed away from Windows 11 until a year went by so all bugs were ironed out. I think it's more to do with hardware and software, considering that drivers are needed to aid in communication between components.
I wrote
wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion into command prompt.
I agree with you about win 11. Wanna roll back to win 10 today or tomorrow, just waiting if someone has some good ideas for my problem.

Is there any method to reinstall drivers completely? When i download drivers from Lenovo Support page and trying to install them, the error comes out, that i already installed them.
Thank you for replying!