USB female to RJ45 male for android tv box

Jan 17, 2019
Hi,

I have the TX3 mini android TV box. It has wifi build in, but it is not that good. It also has an ethernet port, but I don't have an cable at my tv to plug in. I am looking for a way to get better internet on this device.

Maybe there is a way to convert a wifi dongle into an ethernet cable, so i can plug it into my tv box. I found this option:
Draadloze-USB-Universele-300-M-Smart-Wifi-Adapter-TV-Sticks-Ethernet-netwerk-bridge-repeater-client-voor.jpg

If I plug the dongle into an usb port and connect the ethernet cable this might work. The only problem is that it is just an 802.11n 2.4G wifi dongle.

There are alot of normal wifi dongles for an 5G network, like this one, but not as wifi to ethernet adapter.

I did find this:
USB-RJ45-Connector-Adaptor-Female-to-Male-Ethernet.jpg

Would it be possible to put this in the ethernet port of my tv box, and then connect an 5G wifi dongle to it?

The first device is a wifi bridge that gets it power via the USB.

The second does not do what you think. All it does is let you run USB over a rj45 jack. It just happens to use the same plug as ethernet it is does not magically make it into a ethernet.

What you want is called a client-bridge. They used to make these for game console and tv that only had ethernet. They are not real common because it costs about the same as a "extender". These are wireless repeaters but they can also be configured to run as a simple client-bridge. Unlike the first device you have most require you get power from the wall.

Jan 17, 2019

Do you think the first device will improve the internetspeed? I can't find 5Ghz wifi bridges that are powered by usb