Question USB Flash Drive - Access Denied - Cannot Format

Jan 10, 2022
I have some 4GB flash drives that came with software, that I want to repurpose rather than throwing them in the trash. I'm not sure if there is a way to break the permissions on these to be able to do it though. I have tried the basic steps, but I have not been able to accomplish anything.

Disk Management:
Shows as a CD-ROM. It shows that all memory is being used. It shows Healthy (Primary Partition). The area is hash marked. I'm assuming it is that way because it is protected?
If I right click on the that drive, I can Open, Explore, Change Drive Letter or Path, Properties, and Help. I cannot format it through here.

Diskpart:
this drive does not show.

Command Prompt:
I can get to the drive and get to folders by using cd and navigate to some files, but when I try to delete any file, it comes up with "Access is denied".

Can a USB flash drive be locked down to where there is no way to use it other than Read Only for their software?

Jan 10, 2022
Look for a lock micro switch at the side of the SSD.

What S.M.A.R.T. values does the ssd device show (post result here) ?

What model and brand? How old?

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive my ignorance. How can I upload images to my replies? It is just web based images that are allowed?

There is no brand on the flash drive. It is a installation/tutorial flash drive from Indusoft. It is not a License, but it seems that Indusoft does not want people to just use these as flash drives.

The chip has 1424KAE on it. It also has the following THGBMBG6D1KBAIL and VB9214 China.

The circuit board has QP-DZ153-XB-AG_20190614 on it along with 8494.

I will have to look at how to get the S.M.A.R.T. values.

Thanks.