USB flash drive directly working office files on others computer

kvvsrao

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Some times I work some office excel and word files in flash drive directly(I didn't copy or save locally on his hard drive) at my friend laptop.
After removing flash drive I shut down the system.
Is there any way he can recover/access those files from his computer later. I don't want to others can look into those files.

Solution

Yes, they don't get cleared every reboot. As I said, if you are worried about someone else looking at the files, don't open them on a shared computer if you want no chance of anyone finding a way to get to them.
There may be temp files on the computer but those you have to really search for to find anything usable from. The files will also show up in the recently used file list but won't open if they are on a flash drive. If you really don't want others looking at the files, don't open them on someone else's computer.

kvvsrao

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016

Thanks for the answer; knowing the file name is not a problem, But I would like to know he can see/access the data from temporary files?

I have ran across times when I was able to retrieve a document or parts of a document though temp files when someone forgot to save or deleted a document. If you look hard enough and early enough, it's possible you can find something in the temp files to get to the contents of the document.

kvvsrao

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016

Thanks once again; After shutdown and restarting the computer still can we get the content from temporary files?

Yes, they don't get cleared every reboot. As I said, if you are worried about someone else looking at the files, don't open them on a shared computer if you want no chance of anyone finding a way to get to them.

Solution