• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

USB Flash drive not showing up (2 of them)

Jamrock

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Hello,

I have looked everywhere for a solution to this and all I have found is that the flash drive may just be dead. I don't want to believe that TWO separate flash drives I bought are dead.

When I plug in the (Kingston Datatraveler 1) usb flash drive, nothing happens. My computer goes on as normal as though nothing happened.

A 2nd flash drive does the same thing.

Things I've tried:

- Changing the drive letters of my hard drives. C: - main HDD /// D: Dvd-RW drive /// E: Daemon tools virtual drive

I changed my two Samsung f3 drives from F: and G: to G: and H: , read somewhere that the USB drive may be wanting to use your HDD drive letter.

Well, this did not work and so far I am unable to find anything about this. Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in adv

-J

G

Do other USB devices work ? If not look in Device Manager and maybe find a new driver pack for the motherboard chipsets.

If other USB devices work, test the USB flash drives in a friend's computer.