USB flash drive/thumb drive not showing up, no sign.

ColonelCrazy

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
So, as fast as possible, wanted to make it bootable, did so, used a laptop for it, that I could install W7 on new PC, accidentaly put the ISO on it, not extract it, tried booting, realized my mistake, put it back in the laptop, extracted it on the USB, removed the ISO off the USB and that's the last time I could use the drive, now when I plug it into my PC or laptop, no sound to indicate it being inserted, doesnät show up on My Computer, no disk management, Pease help.

Solution
If it does not show up in any computer you tried it (I would test with a third also), the drive will need to be looked at for damage, could be a broken connection which some computer techs do know how to fix. Although if you don't need any data off the drive, it will be cheaper to just buy a new one.
If it does not show up in any computer you tried it (I would test with a third also), the drive will need to be looked at for damage, could be a broken connection which some computer techs do know how to fix. Although if you don't need any data off the drive, it will be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Solution