USB Flash Drive wont read all the files

Black_Hawk

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
i need help, i have a 32GB USB Flash Drive and i copied 12 GB worth of videos (episodes of a tv show) and i encounter a problem. it plays only 8 episodes that copy first on the drive and the other episodes are corrupt and dont load up, this doesnt happen on specific episodes. after copying is done the first 8 or 9 episodes (that are copied) work fine but the others just wont load up although they are on the flash drive. i tried copying them on to another usb flash drive and i encounter the same error. all episodes work fine on the pc they all load up and work, im guessing that something goes wrong when copying the files to the drive because the copying begins at 8mb/s and then after some time it runs down to 3mb/s. i formatted both drives but that didnt help either, every other files worked fine. please help.

Solution
Hi

how much did the 32GB usb cost & where did you get it from ?

if too cheap it may be faulty or have fraudulent size marking with fraudulent firmware making small USB or flash disk look much larger.

Any data over actual size is lost for ever but directory still shows file as present

I suggest you format & then test with h2testw.exe

H2testw 1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives.
It is extremely easy to use and proves detailed information.
(german & english language for Windows XP upwards)
It is free and does not require installation.

It fills disk with 1 GB files then reads them back and checks the checksum of each file read is correct, if checksum is not correct there is a...
Hi

how much did the 32GB usb cost & where did you get it from ?

if too cheap it may be faulty or have fraudulent size marking with fraudulent firmware making small USB or flash disk look much larger.

Any data over actual size is lost for ever but directory still shows file as present

I suggest you format & then test with h2testw.exe

H2testw 1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives.
It is extremely easy to use and proves detailed information.
(german & english language for Windows XP upwards)
It is free and does not require installation.

It fills disk with 1 GB files then reads them back and checks the checksum of each file read is correct, if checksum is not correct there is a problem.

regards

Mike Barnes

Solution

jaraldo

Honorable