[SOLVED] usb flash drives

Apr 30, 2020
I want to build a computer one day. That been said their are alot of internal usb adapter and internal usb hub. With the price of flash drive comming down. Is it worth it to use one for storage inside the computer and another one as ram? I not saying get the biggest or best flash drive . Some like a 128GB for 19 dollars us and 16GB USB Flash Drive for 7 dollars to add to your overall system. I not thinking of booting off it uless speed are good.

Solution
No on both questions. There's a reason why flash drives are magnitude cheaper than RAM, and dedicated SSD drives.

There's no (easy) way to install and run Windows off USB, and it will be slow. Flash drives (and SD cards) are also not designed for ciontiuous writing, so at some point they will either become read-only, or disappear altogether.
No on both questions. There's a reason why flash drives are magnitude cheaper than RAM, and dedicated SSD drives.

There's no (easy) way to install and run Windows off USB, and it will be slow. Flash drives (and SD cards) are also not designed for ciontiuous writing, so at some point they will either become read-only, or disappear altogether.

Solution