USB Flash not reading

Solution
Drives could just fail, in many cases, without even showing some failing signs before that happens.
One should always keep the important data stored on at least two places.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there ChristianCEI,

You need to check a couple of things out.
See if the drive is recognized by Disk Management and Device Manager. In case it is not, you can even try it on another computer.
If the issue persists, then the flash drive could be faulty.

Cheers,

ChristianCEI

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016

I checked disk management and device manager. Usually the laptop lets me know when something gets plugged in, with that pling sound it makes. With this drive it doesn't even make a noise, device manager doesn't see it, disk management doesn't know whats going on. Nothing happens. If the drive was faulty usually it will tell me the drive is corrupted. But nothing.

Well, it's either the USB port or the drive. The port doesn't recognize that there's a device attached at all.
You can easily see which one it is, if you:
- Try the USB drive on all the other ports. If you have a desktop machine, try the ports on the back of the case. They are directly attached to the MOBO.
- Try the USB drive on another computer.

ChristianCEI

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016

By the looks of it it might be the drive. tested it on 2 Desktops and 3 laptop's. all ports, mobo and hubs. is the drive truly kicked or can i save it? need to get the data for a client.

ChristianCEI

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016

Thanks Rorschach. I believe this drive is as dead as can be. It looks and feels cheap china junk. Thank you for the help.