Question USB header not working! What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirzon47

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
So I wanted to build a PC with Ryzen 3700X and my motherboard of choice was Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite. I went on with the stock cooler (Wraith Prism) because I'd not overclock it. Of course I also bought some RGB fans and strips. Everything syncs with RGB Fusion except the Wraith Prism. I did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that you need to plug the fan header and only the USB header for controlling the Wraith Prism with Cooler Master RGB app for Wraith Prism. I tried that and it didn't work. I went to check if the port is damaged or not and it is not damaged, I check in device manager and it detects the header but shows "Device Descriptor Request Failed", I tried uninstalling its driver and reinstalling it but nothing works. I tried changing the USB port too, but no luck. I wanted a bit of help please, sorry for the long post.
Thanks! Please let me know what should I do now.

Jul 25, 2019
I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question because I am about to get the same motherboard and cpu as you. Does the wraith prism block off any ram slots? Im thinking of putting 4 sticks inside but im not sure if the first ram slot is blocked off because of how big the stock cooler is. Please post a picture or link if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.