Question USB headphones picking up all the output sounds

Mar 30, 2023
Hello,
I have this problem i have been suffering from for days, i have searched alll the internet for it and didn't find anything helpful.the problem is that everytime i try a USB Headphones the mic picks up all output sounds , whenever i talk to someone through any website or applications like Discord or Facebook , they can hear everything i'm hearing.
I tried their drivers i reinstalled them i did everything that internet suggested even i tried like 3 of USB headsets and all of them were different and still have the same problem, so i figured it is on my PC probebly on the motherboard because i also tried those Headphones on another PC they worked fine without any problem.
So Please help me or my Headphones that i bought are useless.
Thank you.
PS: forget to mention that i used to own the 3.5 jack headsets without any problem , the only problem is on USB ones.
my pc specs :
I3-9100F
motherboard : gigabyte B365 D2V
Bios : F2, 3/13/2019
windows 10 pro version : 10.0.19044 build 19044

Have you tried different USB headphones? I'm wondering if somehow the microphone also got selected as an output, or if perhaps wiring inside the headphones somehow shorted the two together. A second USB headphone kind of sucks since you'd probably have to buy another headset. Or if you have a second computer, try the headphones on the second computer. If you want to test software being the issue, then perhaps you could plug them in and run a live Linux CD/DVD distro (you can run from the CD/DVD without installing...it's quite slow loading). Discord for example will work on an Ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 DVD (you have to download it separately, but it is trivial), so you could burn an Ubuntu 22.04 DVD, boot to that without installing, download Discord, and try there (same hardware, but independent configuration...a case of swapping software while keeping hardware the same).

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model Headphones/Headsets?

Are you using any audio adapters of any sort? USB to 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) by any chance?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner. The right click will reveal a small window with audio related options.

Start with the Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

If not, then explore the other menu options each of which may lead to any number of other windows, tabs, and properties options that you can configure. Explore first and then, as warranted, try making some configuration choices regarding the microphone. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes. And keep notes on what was changed and where. Just in case some change needs to be undone.

Audio connections (you mentioned 3.5 mm jack headsets) are built around TS/TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve). Although there are standards there are variations and some proprietary configurations. Apple for example...

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

You can easily find other similar links.

Take a close look at the headsets, their specs, and pinouts.

Hopefully the problem is just some connection mismatch that can be easily corrected.

Mar 30, 2023
Have you tried different USB headphones? I'm wondering if somehow the microphone also got selected as an output, or if perhaps wiring inside the headphones somehow shorted the two together. A second USB headphone kind of sucks since you'd probably have to buy another headset. Or if you have a second computer, try the headphones on the second computer. If you want to test software being the issue, then perhaps you could plug them in and run a live Linux CD/DVD distro (you can run from the CD/DVD without installing...it's quite slow loading). Discord for example will work on an Ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 DVD (you have to download it separately, but it is trivial), so you could burn an Ubuntu 22.04 DVD, boot to that without installing, download Discord, and try there (same hardware, but independent configuration...a case of swapping software while keeping hardware the same).
Yes i tried different usb headphones on my computer all of them had the same problem , and i tried those exact ones on another computer worked fine , i will try Linux and even maybe get VMware and install different windows system on it and see , that's a good idea thank you .
Will update you if anything occurs.
Make and model Headphones/Headsets?

Are you using any audio adapters of any sort? USB to 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) by any chance?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner. The right click will reveal a small window with audio related options.

Start with the Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

If not, then explore the other menu options each of which may lead to any number of other windows, tabs, and properties options that you can configure. Explore first and then, as warranted, try making some configuration choices regarding the microphone. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes. And keep notes on what was changed and where. Just in case some change needs to be undone.

Audio connections (you mentioned 3.5 mm jack headsets) are built around TS/TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve). Although there are standards there are variations and some proprietary configurations. Apple for example...

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

You can easily find other similar links.

Take a close look at the headsets, their specs, and pinouts.

Hopefully the problem is just some connection mismatch that can be easily corrected.
No i didn't had anything plugged in while i tested the USB headphone , And Yes i check every setting on windows 10.
Nothing worked but will run another test again seeing if i missed anything