Question USB Headphones static while on high volume

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
So my new Razer Kraken Ultimate headphones have this static when you get to high volume levels (100-96 windows volume) Anything below that just straight up stops the static. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks.

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Can you try them on a different device. Trying to work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with USB power delivery.
Sure, i'll try that. I'll keep you updated

Also, I tried a different USB port on the same PC but and the sound disappeared. I plugged it back into the original USB port, and the sound disappeared there as well. Now when I play audio, there's a faint static/crackling noise. When the sound stops the static/crackling noise stops

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Can you try them on a different device. Trying to work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with USB power delivery.
I've plugged it in to another computer, and the problem is still there. It's most likely the headphones. A bit disappointed, since I owned these for less than a month, until I noticed a faint static.

Update: now at 100-94 volume there's a weird clickety clack sound, like if you put a card on a bicycle wheel

Last edited: