dapper357

Prominent
Apr 11, 2018
I have been dealing with this for a very long time having gone onto multiple forums searching for the answer and I just can't seem to find anything that helps me, about a year ago this started happening. Every time I try to watch a youtube video or I download a game(or download anything for that matter) my audio just starts glitching and stuttering until the point that it eventually cuts out and stops working, I then have to open up my sound setting, find my device and disable it then re-enable it. I've taken into consideration that it could be my USB headset but I ruled that out because when I use a wired headset it still glitches under load but doesn't cut out fully. I've tried updating audio drivers and it just doesn't seem to work. An example of the sound it makes when it cuts out/glitches would be when you're watching a video on your computer and you blue screen or you turn your computer off via unplugging it/the power going out. I'm just hoping that someone here with a little bit more knowledge would be able to help me fix this issue.

Specs

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Motherboard
ASRock H81M-HDS (CPUSocket)
Graphics
Acer H236HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
Acer H236HL (1920x1080@59Hz)
LCD TV (1360x768@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Headset
Turtle Beach Stealth 420X Plus

Hello

I was wondering if you already searched for BIOS update for the motherboard?

You may also want to experiment a few things with the Give exclusive mode applications priority setting in the Headphones Properties box's Advanced tab.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

dapper357

Prominent
Apr 11, 2018
Hello

I was wondering if you already searched for BIOS update for the motherboard?

You may also want to experiment a few things with the Give exclusive mode applications priority setting in the Headphones Properties box's Advanced tab.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hey, I just saw your post today. I have not searched for a BIOS update before nor have I ever updated my BIOS.

I'm gonna give the second recommendation a try and see how that works out for me. I do remember disabling it a long time ago and that may have caused the issue I'm having right now.

Thank you for your response, I'll get back with you in a bit and share my results!