USB Headset Microphone Buzz

Aug 6, 2018
I just received a SADES SA902 headset. It has this obnoxious buzz in the background - the only way so far that I've found out of making it go away is touching the computer case and having the headset microphone right next to the computer case. Obviously, it's uncomfortable and I can't use my PC like that. Any suggestions? I don't have money to spend, so purchasing something would be my last resort.

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
An issue I've found with a lot of headsets which use USB/USB condenser, is that you'll often have a loss of quality and audio issues when dealing with them. It's why many audiophiles are very prolific when choosing their equipment and would rather use 3.5MM/XLR connectors, which are purpose made for audio and sound. USB is capable of this, but you'll often find its quite noticeably lower quality than the former. The best fixes for these things can be something as simple as turning down the sensitivity/reverb of your mic, or it may be that your USB needs to be cleaned of any dust or junk. As well, (and don't take this as the truth, but in my experience) using USB 3.0/3.1 offers a 'better' audio experience than that of USB 2.0 or 1.0, etc., etc... I personally use a studio mic with an XLR mixer. But, to not buy something, I'd try all of that first.

Aug 6, 2018

Didn't work - the buzz is still there.

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
Try a re-install for that driver, possibly? Did the headset come with a disk for driver installation? Another thing I would try is seeing if that particular port has issues with other USB devices. Unless, of course, it's ALL ports on that particular PC.