USB headset or 3.5mm headset?

martz456

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
My current Logitech G35 headset has a badly damaged mic(I need to get the perfect angle for it to work and it's getting worse).
I have the H61-P31(G3) motherboard which has the Realtek ALC887 chipset.

Considering that microphone quality and surround sound are crucial for me. Will the integrated Realtek give me the surround sound effect that I need or will I have to get an USB headset?

Right now my eyes are set on the Siberia V2 USB/3.5mm edition, I am open to any better suggestions for headsets.
My budget is 150$, around 100€

Solution
If you're using strictly a USB headset for PC like the Logitech G930, then there is no need of extra sound card as these types of headsets circumvent the sound card and basically have their own sound card and create their own virtual surround sound.

If you're not using a USB headset for the PC, then for the most part your onboard sound is good if you purchased a decent motherboard.For those who have a motherboard with built-in Realtek/Via/FX with 5 channels or above you probably are wasting your money

As you said you already have Realteck, then 3.5 mm jack version is fine

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
If you're using strictly a USB headset for PC like the Logitech G930, then there is no need of extra sound card as these types of headsets circumvent the sound card and basically have their own sound card and create their own virtual surround sound.

If you're not using a USB headset for the PC, then for the most part your onboard sound is good if you purchased a decent motherboard.For those who have a motherboard with built-in Realtek/Via/FX with 5 channels or above you probably are wasting your money

As you said you already have Realteck, then 3.5 mm jack version is fine

Solution