USB Headset showing as Speakers

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Hi, My USB Gamecom 780 headset is showing up as speakers in the sound panel. This is causing some issues such as volume being extremely loud (most likely causing damage to the headset) and i believe it is the cause of it not automatically launching the GameCom Surround Sound software.

I recently purchased an SSD and decided to format my PC to start from fresh, before I did this the Headset would show as a Headset in the sound panel and the headset worked great. However now this is now longer the case and as stated before the headset no appears as speakers.

As shown below the PC does pickup that the audio device is a Platronics GameCom 780.

Capture.png

Capture2.png

Any help much appreciated.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Open a device manager and locate your headphones in the sound or playback devices.
Right click it and select update driver software
Select the updating process through the internet.

Do a reboot if it receives any updates.

You may also want to go to the official website of your laptop and download the drivers that originally came with your system in the sound section (example Asus 170 drivers Asus.com sound drivers)

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

I have already tried downloading drivers from the website for this Headset and downloading the audio drivers for my motherboard. All the drivers are up to date however it is still showing as speakers.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Do you have realtek audio manager on your computer?
Open control panel
Sounds
Realtek audio manager

Or do a windows search for it.

Locate the connector retasking option (if there is one) and assign it to headphones

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

There is no such option sadly, or if there is I cant find it.